Mr. Scott Mitnick is Senior Vice President with KFS. Mr. Mitnick brings three decades of public service experience to the firm, with over two decades at the executive level, having served as a City Manager (Cities of El Segundo and Thousand Oaks), County Administrator (Sutter County), Assistant City Manager (City of Thousand Oaks), Finance Director (City of Yuba City), Budget Administrator (City of Burbank), and Budget Officer (City of Brea).
Mr. Mitnick has an extensive background in financial management, organizational development, economic development and asset strategies, and has managed complex projects and issues for public agencies located in urban, suburban, and rural regions of California.
Mr. Mitnick has also held senior level private sector positions, including as Director with KNN Public Finance in Oakland, and Managing Director with Stifel Public Finance in downtown Los Angeles.
Mr. Mitnick is a Municipal Advisor Representative having achieved the MSRB Series 50 professional qualification, and is duly registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Mr. Mitnick has served on a variety of board/leadership roles, including:
- South Bay City Managers Association — President
- Ventura County City Managers Association — Chair
- ICMA California State Association — President
- El Segundo Economic Development Corporation — Board of Governors Member
- League of CA Cities City Manager’s Dept. Rep. for Large Southern Cal Cities
- Los Robles Regional Hospital Board of Trustees — Board Member
- KCLU National Public Radio Station Advisory — Board Member
Mr. Mitnick holds an MPA Degree in Public Finance from Syracuse University, a BA Degree in Political Science from CSU Fullerton, and studied political philosophy during Junior Year at University of Bristol, England.