Mr. Larry J. Kosmont, CRE®, President of Kosmont Financial Services Mr. Kosmont’s 40 year career encompasses public/private financial structuring and implementation of real estate and public finance transactions. He has an extensive track record as a public finance advisor and public/private real estate consultant. Mr. Kosmont has assisted hundreds of local government agencies in public finance and real estate matters ranging from large-scale economic development programs to site-specific strategies and projects. Mr. Kosmont has successfully guided numerous projects in the process of obtaining public approvals, structuring deal terms, and securing capital and infrastructure financing supported by a variety of pledged resources and underlying assets, ranging from taxes (lease revenues, special tax, sales tax, tax increment, general obligation) to general fund operations (certificates of participation) to project revenues (public/private-partnerships (P3), nonprofit, utilities, parking operations, and other).
Mr. Kosmont has served in the roles of, City Manager, Interim City Administrator, Director of Community Development, and Redevelopment Director in the cities of Montebello, Santa Monica, Seal Beach, Bell Gardens, and Burbank.
Mr. Kosmont is a Municipal Advisor Representative having achieved the MSRB Series 50 and 54 professional qualifications, and is duly registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Mr. Kosmont is a licensed real estate broker in California (DRE No. 01182660), a designated Counselor of Real Estate, CRE®, and is serving or has served on:
- Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business – Board of Directors
- USC Executive Education – Board of Directors
- Westside Neighborhood School – Board of Directors
- State Commissioner – California Economic Development Commission
- Metropolitan Water District (MWD) – Board of Directors (represented City of Los Angeles)
- Commissioner, City of Los Angeles – Industrial Development Authority
- City of Manhattan Beach Economic Development Advisory Council – Chairman
- California Association of Local Economic Development (CALED) – Board Advisor
- Los Angeles Business Federation (BIZFED) – Board Member
Mr. Kosmont holds a Masters of Public Administration Degree from the University of Southern California and a B.A. in Political Science from the State University of New York – Binghamton.